How can I extend the life of my automatic watch?
The automatic mechanical watch is an improvement of the manual mechanical watch. An oscillating weight is added to the watch; when you wear it, the oscillating weight in the watch can rotate due to the movement of your wrist, thus achieving the winding effect. As we all know, a mechanical watch is a watch that does not need to change the battery, and it can be rotated continuously by adjusting the rotation of the gears in the watch. Therefore, automatic mechanical watches are very popular, and customizing automatic mechanical watches is also something that many watch manufacturers often do. So how long is the life of an automatic mechanical watch? How does it extend its life?
1. Advantages and disadvantages of automatic mechanical watches
The advantages of automatic mechanical watches are: after regular maintenance and oil washing, they can be used for a long time;
Its disadvantages are: the error is more significant than that of the quartz watch, the error occurs due to the quality of the production, and the movement inside the watch is easily affected by gravity. Usually, the error of the mechanical watch is calculated by the difference of seconds per day, while the error of the quartz watch is calculated by the difference of seconds per month.
2. How long is the life of an automatic mechanical watch?
The service life of a general automatic mechanical watch is at least 10 years. Mechanical watches generally have a shorter service life than quartz watches. This is determined by the internal operating structure of mechanical watches and quartz watches. Automatic mechanical watches are powered primarily by the movement of the watch.
3. Maintenance and use of automatic mechanical watches
Wind the clock regularly, turn the speed hand on the back of the watch, and adjust the scale for 3-5 minutes per dial. The watch should be kept clean and not placed in a humid, dusty, high temperature or strong magnetic field. It is best to clean and refuel the watch every two years or so according to the usage of the watch. A mechanical watch is composed of a series of movements of the balance wheel, pallet fork, and escape wheel, all of which are interconnected and have certain rules. The quartz watch is mainly a quartz movement. There are many parts in mechanical watches, and the wear and tear caused by the movement of the parts will greatly shorten the service life of the watch, which is why the service life of mechanical watches is shorter than that of quartz. The average lifespan of an automatic mechanical watch refers to the time it takes for each shaft hole on the main splint to wear out and cannot be repaired. Since the material of the main splint is lead-yellow steel, it is easy to wear.
4. How to prolong the service life of my automatic mechanical watch?
(1) When wearing a watch, the sweat on the hands is corrosive to the case. The all-steel case is made of nickel-chromium alloy, which has better corrosion resistance. The semi-steel case is made of copper. It is easy to corrode when it is in contact with sweat for a long time. Frequently wipe off sweat with a soft cloth or pad the plastic watch holder to prevent it from being corroded by sweat.
(2) Do not open the back cover of the watch at will, so as to prevent dust from entering the movement and affecting the normal operation of the watch.
(3) Do not put the watch in a wardrobe with mothballs to prevent the watch oil from deteriorating.
(4) Do not put the watch on the radio or TV to avoid magnetization.
(5) For long-term storage of unworn watches, it should be wound up regularly once a month to keep the parts from standing still for a long time, to ensure the watch machine's operation performance.
(6) As far as the economic capacity permits, it is advisable to have two or three watches replaced in daily life: wear a mechanical watch when doing static activities, and wear a sports watch when doing sports. life. Mechanical watches are driven by mechanical gears and springs, and friction will inevitably occur during rotation. Therefore, oil and lubrication are necessary over time to reduce the wear rate of parts. Mechanical watches are easy to come into contact with sweat, dust, stolen goods, and other objects during normal wear, and need regular maintenance and oil washing. Therefore, a well-maintained mechanical watch can probably be used for decades!
Giant Watch is a professional manufacturer of automatic mechanical watches, and we can also wholesale automatic mechanical watches, please contact us.